Saturday 16 June 2012

A book for Grandma

Hi all,

Iam back to share something a little different this time. The very talented Sassy has made a few toilet roll books lately. Now I have had some toilet rolls in my crafty stash for a while now as I have seen these books made before. When I saw Sassy's lovely creations I thought I would give it a go. So here is my creation:


Here are the pages:


I have used toilet rolls as you probably guessed but I have also used all my little bits of paper from my bits and bobs drawer. Well not all of them as there is a whole drawer but it was a good use of bits. I found all the quotes off the internet and made little tags to go in each page. I have then used bits and pieces from my stash such as buttons, flowers, hearts, pearls, candi, ribbons and peeloffs to embellish.
This is going to Charlie's Grandma as she is visiting today and I did'nt give her a Mother's Day card from him as I was poorly at the time after just having my gallbladder removed. I could'nt give his Grandad a Fathers Day card knowing she did'nt get anything so I made her this. Hopefully she will like it.


I am entering this card into the following challenge:

Love to create - Something Recylced toilet rolls

2 comments:

  1. I Love this book for Grandma!! Great Idea!! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge, Use Something Recycled!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly,
    Congrats on winning the paper in my blog giveaway. I have put them all together with a couple of extra bits for you. I hope you will enjoy them.
    I love your book for Grandma and hope that she like it when they visited today.
    I have done something like this before. I have used my dies also to shape the ends and this gives me a variety of shapes.
    Hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete